Saturday, June 20, 2009

Patio work

We have a brick patio that is falling apart. There is a short retaining wall on one side of it that needs to be replaced. The sand is getting out and that makes the back couple of rows and especially one corner start to sag and get all messed up. Every year I have to pull all the ones that are messed up and put new sand down and try to get the bricks back in level and in the right pattern. Not a huge job, but doing it on a 97 degree day with high humidity was probably a bad time to do it. But at least it is done.

1 comment:

Arjun Sen said...

I'm a single dad who quit my corporate job to be at home with my daughter. I appreciate your posts and wish you luck building your patio in the heat. I've just started a blog called raisingafather.blogspot.com (named after a book I'm getting ready to publish) and I'd love to link to one another's since we discuss many of the same issues parents face.